Tuesday, January 12

Motivation

I think by now you noticed I am lacking motivation.  Whether it be this blog, getting back to the gym, just about anything, I am not really motivated.  Maybe its the cold weather, maybe I just got too worn out in the last few months.  Who knows, but I'd really like it back....and I am sure my friends at the Y would love to see me again....though I am not sure it would be too fun a place considering all the NY Resolutioners ;)

You would think the tight little number I have to wear in a wedding in a month would be motivation enough for the gym..nope not working. 

A little background if you're new around here:  I am typically at the gym 3-4 days a week, plus tennis and outdoor running.  I don't necessary work out to lose weight, but to feel good.  Its just something I enjoy, especially feeling strong.   During a tennis match I thought I pulled my hamstring.  Went for a massage and figured out it was my IT band.  Probably didn't pull it, just a little strain.  However, I used it as a good excuse not to do much of anything other than play tennis.  Couple that with the fact my loving husband thinks the above workout regime was impacting my ability to get pregnant and the last quarter of the year was extremely busy....no gym time for me. 

But now I would like to get back at it....So readers, if you can help me find a little motivation, I would greatly appreciate it....Anything to get me off my rear and into the gym (or if it really gets to 50 degrees this week, maybe outside)...I'll take it.  Thanks!!

5 comments:

AEOT said...

I had little to NO motivation to go to the gym last night, but I went saying that I only had to be there for 30 min. I ended up doing 45 min and was happy. I've also found that during these cold, dark mornings, I prefer to get up and do a 45 min exercise video rather than pack a bag and leave the house to go to the gym. See if you can find a workout on your tv, order one from netflix or amazon and do it one to two mornings per week just to switch up your routine and keep you a little bit more cozy! It's working for me!

Are you doing a tennis league this winter? Obviously that will keep you motivated :)

Have you talked to your ob about your weight/working out/reproductive pattern? I would definitely ask a lot of questions- but I'm a huge question asker to begin with!!!

I'll be up at 5:30 tomorrow doing a video and hopefully you'll be up with me doing something :)

Have a great night!

sara said...

I'm right there with you! I'm the Maid of Honor in my friend Christa's wedding next month and while I seriously need to be working out, I have absolutely no motivation ... zero, zilch, nada!

Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you on the lack of motivation. I'm just taking it one day at a time and most importantly not getting mad at myself for not doing something. Maybe make a plan to do half of what you'd normally do in a week and then you will realize how much you missed it and be back to full go in no time!

Cherlynn said...

If you do find some and there is enough to share, please, please, please send some my way! :) At least you made yourself take down your Christmas decorations...my darned tree is still up!!!

JMW said...

I'm with you on the lack of motivation. The weather, gray days, etc. just make me want to hibernate.

I wouldn't think your exercise routine would hinder your fertility. It's actually a good thing to be in the best shape possible (I know - I went thru that process a few years ago). I agree about consulting your doctor about that. He/she would be your best resource. Good luck!