Not sure I'm back in the habit as I was before, but I've definitely taken a step in the right direction!
a thirty something living and working back in the US. Hosting visitors on their way somewhere else.
Monday, January 25
I did it....
....I actually stepped foot inside the YMCA again. Wow - its been about 4 months...That's a long time for me!! And I can't say I really wanted to get up this morning...we didn't get to bed as early as I would like to get up at 6. (Read - we were so interested in the Football games/tennis going on that we got sidetracked and lost track of time) So, at about 11 when we were going to sleep, James says "what time should I set the alarm for?". To which I reply "umm, how about 6, then we can snooze one time and still make the gym by 6:30." (Yes, I am a queen of the snooze button....) Fast Forward to 6:09 and the alarm goes off for the 2nd time. James jumps out of bed. "are you going" he asks. "ahh this bed is so comfortable I think I'll just stay snuggled up I guess I have to start sometime" I replied and pulled my tired, lazy butt out of bed. I decide to make it a slow transition back to the gym, so jumped on a treadmill to walk. I turned the TV to ESPN2 to watch the Australia Open and set about my walk (at a brisk pace and 0.5 incline - starting somewhere right). Well, about 10 minutes in I decided just walking wasn't going to cut it. So, I ran 2 mins at 5.5. Not too bad. Walked again, ran again, walked again, ran again. Then decided to walk the last 10 minutes (still at a brisk pace and 0.5 incline). At minute 30, I still hadn't had enough the tennis match was still on, so I walked slower to watch more of it. (It was a really close match). After 10 minutes of slow walking/watching tennis, I decided I need to do something else. I grabbed 8 lb weights and went through 5 upper body exercises twice. Starting somewhere indeed. Followed by 2 sets of 10 knee ups (abs). Glad to have gotten the workout in. But seriously thinking a short nap later might be needed!!!
Not sure I'm back in the habit as I was before, but I've definitely taken a step in the right direction!
Not sure I'm back in the habit as I was before, but I've definitely taken a step in the right direction!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Your post is making me laugh. I too am trying to get my behind back to the gym. I am off to a really slow start. I really need a good kick in the rear! I tried to run yesterday, but could only maintain it for about 30 seconds. I guess it is start.
Thanks for visiting my blog. It's always exciting to see a new comment. I am new to this "blogging" world. I am not sure how to get comments sent to my emai, so this is how I will reply to your paint question. We used Majestic Grey, Sherwin Williams, in our dinning room and our office/media room. I love the color! I think it looks different in the different rooms. I am really into grey right now. I hope this helps!
xo
Amy R.
Post a Comment