Last night I created a quick and easy dinner and thought I would share the idea with you. I can't share a recipe, because well, I just went for it and don't really measure anything anyway. (PS - James did help with the chopping!)
Pound 2 chicken breasts until thin (or you can buy the thin breasts already)
Using 3 plates, line up some flour with salt and pepper, 1 beaten egg, and some breadcrumbs (I used a combination of panko and Italian seasoned crumbs)
Heat oil in a pan and place the coated chicken breasts in the pan. Cook an appropriate amount of time on each side (I think it was 3-4 minutes each side)
Meanwhile:
Chop a couple Roma tomatoes, about a tablespoon of onion, 1 clove of fresh garlic, parmigiana reggiano cheese and some basil. Season with salt, pepper, olive oil and a splash of balsamic vinegar. Mix.
Plate chicken and top with a healthy portion of tomato mixture.
YUM!
For a side, I sauteed some spinach with onions and garlic, seasoned with red pepper flakes, nutmeg (thanks Rachel Ray), salt and pepper.
It was fairly quick and pretty easy to do.
ENJOY
No comments:
Post a Comment