A friend of mine was talking about home made pizzas about 4 months ago (yes, I know, I've been meaning to write this for awhile now and even had to check the archives to see if I had posted this before. I couldn't find it, but that doesn't mean its not there...so if this is a repeat...sorry). Anyway, she told me she bought fresh dough at Publix and then created their own toppings. So, being the pizza lover I am, I decided to try it. And I was pleasantly surprised!! YUM! We've done it several times since then, including during my parents visit (what I didn't tell you about that???). It depends on our mood, but it usually includes mushrooms, onions and some other protein. Now, I read PW and I know she makes her own crust and I hear (read) that it is easy to do....but this crust is really good. And to justify, I do make homemade sauce....so that helps, right! Just another yummy easy dinner to make! So if you have a Publix nearby, look in the bakery section, and grab a ball of dough....I'm sure you'll make a yummy pizza, too!
(we made this for dinner last night - which is what triggered me remembering to post this. Toppings were spicy chicken sausage, sauteed onions and mushrooms...very tasty. Just had a slice for lunch!)
1 comment:
Sounds yummy! I gave McKinley the option to have whatever he wanted for dinner since today was the last day of school--he chose pizza with black olives, banana peppers and pepperoni...not sure where he came up with the combo.
See you soon!
Post a Comment