Well, I made it home safely on Friday. A very uneventful flight which landed early. Hubby picked me up at MARTA and the rest of the night was pretty laid back. I was asleep on the couch at 9. Up again on Saturday at 6, which I guess is pretty normal if you're asleep that early the night before. After a quick workout, I did a little sanding on an old dresser we have. James spent about 3 hours on it and we still have work to do. Its an old dresser that was in my room growing up. It came to Lexington when I moved out of the sorority house and has been travelling with me since (it even made the trip to the Netherlands). The dresser has about 6 coats of white paint on it...its been a chore to sand. I think we're going to try to stain it. The wood isn't that great, but I think there is enough detail that it will look good. I'll have to post After pictures when it is done (not sure if I'll be able to post before pics because I am not sure I have one.
We went to game night last night and had a blast! We hung out until 1:30 AM and there was no overimbibing...it really was a great night and I was okay with not drinking much (i've been on a mission to reduce alcohol intake...I know you couldn't tell a couple posts ago). This morning we got up and went to church, then I came home and took a 3 hour nap...yes, you read that right, THREE HOURS. I guess the jet lag, late night and muscle relaxer (taken for my sore neck) all took a toll on me. Now, I am off to finish folding laundry and figure out what to eat for dinner. Had I not taken the nap, I would have made a Tuscan bean soup for hubby and gone to meet several DG alums for dinner. Ooops, looks like a change of plans...
No comments:
Post a Comment