Sunday, January 25

Heartbroken

My sweet friend Jamie lost her father yesterday morning. I got the text early in the morning (wonderful jet lag - I was awake at 6AM on a Saturday) and just couldn't believe it. My heart is just broken for her. I cannot imagine what she is going through. I think the thing that got me the most is we are NOT old enough to be losing parents...My main group of friends is just turning 30 (yours truly will in October). I just don't think we should be losing parents, grandparents, maybe, but our parents?

I am at such a loss of words and don't know how to express to her how much my heart goes out to her. I am travelling to KY for the visitation and funeral later this week. I guess that's the best thing one can do at a time like this, just be there.

It just makes me so sad. Please pray for Jamie and her family.

No comments: