Wednesday, May 7

Derby Party Recap

THE PARTY WAS A HIT!

We had a great time at our party. I did red rose arrangements on the breakfast and dining room tables. We did Mint Juleps (fresh simple syrup) and Oakes Lillies for drinks. I made mini hot browns, benedictine dip, ham and tenderloin biscuits, and had beer cheese. And for dessert, I made a "race day" pie. We had about 30 people at the party. We ordered and gave away official 134 derby glasses. And all the ladies wore a hat! It was so much fun, we're gonna make it annual!! (we had cinco de mayo festivities in the neighbor that we all went to after the party, everyone was jealous of the hats and want to come next year!)

Overall, it was a wonderful weekend!! (Unfortunately I did not take any pictures on our personal camera, so as soon as I get some sent to me, I will post them!!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think you type too fast...misspellings and 1/2 words make your blog confusing to read. i love it otherwise.

k e r r y said...

benedictine dip? never heard of it... what's in it?

Jessi said...

Its a KY dip - cucumber, dill, cream cheese, onion, sour cream and mayo....wasn't too bad, but I am not a cucumber fan.