Another October/Fall favorite is the arrival of Honeycrisp apples. They are delicious. Apples symbolize Fall for me. In the summer, berries are my go to fruit. But when the air cools off, I crave a sweet, tart, crisp, juicy apple. I've been cutting one every morning for JW's lunch and finishing what doesn't fit in his lunch box. It seems he likes them as well, the container has been coming home empty. I'll have to work on some homemade applesauce - just some apples, a little water, maybe some cinnamon or sugar - and crumbles. I have never made an apple pie, and unfortunately I don't see that happening this Fall. But the applesauce and crumbles, those are pretty easy to whip up! Have you been enjoying apples this Fall?
I've posted about apples before and I still have to be careful how much and when I eat them.
1 comment:
Did you ever get a tarte tatin recipe when you were over in Europe? Really simple to make using ready-roll puff pastry and absolutely my favourite Autumn apple dessert!
Post a Comment